Friday, August 04, 2006

More video work!


I'm happy to report that the music video project I mentioned a few days ago has been greenlit, and while the computer's been down this last week I've been creating the puppets, props, and sets for it. The song is called "Punding" by a great indie-rock group called boxViolet, who have a cd coming out in September. My director friend, Michael Wormser, and I have developed what we think is a good treatment, and I'm looking forward to animating it.

The puppets are my basic aluminum wire armature skeletons with Super-Sculpey used for bones. I'm shooting this video in black and white--that is to say, I'll be shooting it normally and changing the footage to black and white in post--which I've always wanted to try, and the song and the story seem to support it.

I'm leaving town for a weeklong trip and when I get back I'll have to hit the ground running on this project...deadlines wait for no man! More to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary Green said...

Creepy - I love love love it!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Tennessee Reid said...

Congrats!!

Looking forward to seeing it!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home