Monday, April 30, 2007

"Adventures with the Ambersons," Episode 2!


Hey kids! Check out the latest chapter in the AMBERSONS saga, posted this morning by SuperDeluxe.com!


This was an exciting, challenging piece to create, and I couldn't have done it without the following amazing people:

The lovely and talented LISA GUARINO, who gamely jumped in to voice the Slave Girl both in the show and in some hilarious BLOOPER footage, coming soon!

My good friend and after-effects guru, BEHN FANNIN, who inspires me to incorporate digital effects--something my old-school mentality fights against sometimes.

College buddy and brother in every sense of the word, SCOTT SIMPSON for his catchy themes and musical stings...

TOMMY KEISER , who is rapidly becoming one of my favorite people. TK created the awesome Maddus Maximus puppet, complete with horse-drawn chariot from hell that was so much fun to animate! He built over a dozen additional puppets & sets, helped me animate group scenes and did several on his own (all of which made the final cut).

My producing partner DOUG DRAIZIN, whose instincts and storytelling skills I learn from with each new project. I've seen my work improve because of his input, getting more streamlined and less self-indulgent. Doug's a pro's pro, knows the business and understands the hard work required to cultivate success. I'm honored to be associated with him.

And of course, my GG, whose enthusiasm for all-things-Polly spurs me to work faster than I normally would (his rafter-shaking queries of "WHERE'S MY POOL??" keep the tempo up, too!)...love you, GG!

5 Comments:

Blogger jriggity said...

Wow michael!

really well done man....It looks even bettr now than when I saw the preview at your house.

So great.....and really Funny!

jriggity

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot damn! Congratulations again!

You've got some impressive stuff in this one... Loads of characters... A COLLAPSING COLISEUM...

Damn!

1:13 AM  
Blogger UbaTuber said...

Great work MikeyG! And everyone else who collaborated with you! You're lucky to be surrounded by so many cool ass people :)

Good luck with Part 3....and.......long live Polly :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

Thanks for your support, as always, guys! I'm definitely trying to evolve this puppy into something...an ongoing, interesting process. And yes, I am truly blessed to know such cool people! They keep me on my toes in the best of senses...

9:36 AM  
Blogger handmadeheroes said...

hye michael, LOOKS AWESOME!!! so much fun.

i just got to show your two Ambersons to our son shamus and he loves them--he's starting to play with stopmo himself and was totally inspired by your stuff.

thanks!! --shel

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home